“THE HONG KONG INSTITUTE OF BUILDING INFORMATION MODELLING”, HKIBIM (香港建築信息模擬學會) was established in Jan 2009.
The objects of the Institute are:
- To uphold and advance the standard of competence for the profession and to promote the interests and recognition of its members within the industry and community;
- The Institute works on the behalf of its members:
- To promote and advance the general education, understanding, appreciation and interest of and in building information modelling management;
- To foster general awareness, understanding and concerted efforts in the community towards the advancement of the Objects and the issues thereof;
- To establish and advance standards of building information management practice in the industry.
- To establish links with relevant institutes of tertiary education, Government Bureaus/Departments, Statutory bodies and other organizations;
- To research, facilitate and promote the means of better management of building information for improving communication, co-ordination, management, productivity, delivery time, cost, and quality throughout the whole building life cycle;
- To provide guidance on careers in building information management profession.